Our Version of Rumbi Rice Bowls with Rumbi Rice

Whenever I visit Utah I HAVE to go to Rumbi. Rumbi is one restaurant that I crave all the time. I love it and I am OBSESSED with their Rumbi Rice Bowls.


I have been determined to duplicate their Spicy Hawaiian Teriyaki sauce for some time now but haven’t had the chance until just recently. I just bought a bunch of the sauce, brought it home, and spent a full evening with different ingredients trying to duplicate it. I finally figured it out (at least to the point where I can hardly tell any difference between the two sauces).

As far as the Rumbi rice goes, I already had that one down. I had a recipe from when I lived in Hawaii for coconut rice that tastes JUST like Rumbi rice.. so I just used that and it was right smack on. Anyway.. enough talking. I hope you are as excited as I am about these Rumbi Rice Bowls. FINALLY, I can satisfy my Rumbi craving without having to travel to Utah!

This recipe is for the Chicken Spicy Hawaiian Teriyaki Rice Bowl with Rumbi Rice. If you don’t like Rumbi rice, of course you can serve it with regular rice, brown rice, or noodles..
(makes about 4 Rumbi Rice bowls)

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 4 carrots, peeled and grated
  • 3 celery stalks, washed and sliced
  • 1 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
  • 1 1/2 c. chopped broccoli florets
  • 2 c. chicken, grilled and cut into small cubes
Previous
Next Post »