Low-Carb Green Bean Casserole

We’re down in Texas for Thanksgiving this week and I just had to share with you all this amazing low-carb version of green bean casserole! My sister-in-law and I have been following the Trim Healthy Mama plan and we put our heads together and came up with a complete low-carb Thanksgiving meal, or as THM-ers call it, an “S meal.”


And okay, my sister-in-law put more of it together than I did… I was just in charge of the green bean casserole.

But y’all, this green bean casserole is not hard at all (or else you know I wouldn’t have done it!) and it tastes JUST LIKE regular green bean casserole! In fact, everyone who tried it said it was delicious!

The main culprit in making green bean casserole non-low-carb, is the cream of mushroom soup. Have you ever looked at the ingredients of a can of that stuff? EW.

So to make my green bean casserole low-carb I used a recipe my friend Marilyn sent me that she said worked great for making your own cream of mushroom soup. And y’all, it really does!

Lazy Mom Tip! » You can totally make the cream of mushroom soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge for the day you are making the casserole.

So here’s what you do!  First, make the cream of mushroom soup….

Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup:
  • 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (about 16 small)
  • 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
  • 4 tablespoons onion, finely chopped (I just use frozen diced onions)
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup chicken broth
Read More >> Low-Carb Green Bean Casserole @imalazymom.com
Previous
Next Post »