Apple Spice Whoopie Pies

Soft-baked, cake-like apple spice cookies stuffed with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I’m just going to let that sit there a while.


So, confession: I have a problem with impulse buying.

I like to consider myself a fairly sensible shopper when it comes to items on the pricier side. And for the most part, I’m pretty great about that (probably because I reward myself with a coffee or brownie for being so strong. I’m still five years old.)

My impulse issues lie within the inexpensive items–the inexpensive items that end up becoming expensive when you buy them all, especially when you do the math in your head and inevitably forget to add five of the impulse items to the final total.

My biggest weaknesses? There’s 4, among others:


1. Cheap jewelry from Forever 21. Bicycle necklace? Don’t mind if I do. A ring set that will turn my fingers green, but has the lyrics to “All You Need Is Love?” For sure.

2. Food Magazines. I can’t help myself.

3. Baking ingredients. Chocolate chips are on a two-for-one-sale? Pile them high and deep.

4. Coffee Creamer. A new flavor?! I already have 3 giant bottles in my fridge, what’s one more? Oh, and that one too, because Almond Joy exists?! Wait, there’s a Brown Sugar Vanilla? Umm…

It’s a problem.

But, sometimes my impulse buying, like seeing the spice cake mix on the shelf and grabbing it faster than a five year old can swipe a bag of cookies while his or her mom is busy staring at the shopping list, results in something fantastic.

Something like Apple Spice Whoopie Pies.


Ingredients

Apple Spice Cookies

  • 1 box Spice Cake Mix
  • 1/3 cup canola/vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup apples, finely diced (I left the peel on)
  • .......


Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling

  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • ......
Previous
Next Post »