Citrus Almond Loaf Cake

This loaf cake is packed with tangy lemon and lime flavor and topped with a citrus almond glaze. 


Back when I wore Lip Smackers necklaces and glitter butterfly clips in my hair, I didn’t believe citrus-flavored anything could be considered a sweet. It was too tangy, devoid of chocolate, and didn’t compare to strawberry cake with strawberry frosting, which was pretty much my favorite dessert for a solid two years (I went through strong phases as a child).

Whenever I finally did discover that citrus was more than the flavor of cough drops, my tastebuds turned a corner. Chocolate everything was–and still is–life, but citrus began to climb the charts. And once I tasted Starbucks’ lemon loaf cake, I was done for. That is, until they crushed my spirits by adding a calorie count to everything.


Thanks, Starbucks, but I really preferred to eat my lemon loaf and drink my frappuccino in blissful ignorance. Now I just feel immense guilt.

A little tip from me to you, don’t just absentmindedly squeeze lemon and lime juice into the batter trusting your eyeball method to do the trick.

Because you’ll end up with a loaf of bread that’s charred on the edges with an undercooked center.

Yum.

So with this, trust me and take the time to measure.


Ingredients

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 10 slices

Bread

  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp lime zest
  • 1 Tbsp lemon zest
  • 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
Previous
Next Post »